Environmental Advisor - Mining
South Townsville, QLD
Thinking big. Doing better.
Adani is a globally integrated infrastructure and energy business. We specialize in operations that span ports, multi –modal logistics, mining, oil and gas exploration, power generation, transmission and gas distribution.
Adani will be opening Australia's Galilee Basin, generating significant employment opportunities for regional Queensland and stimulating Queensland's resource-strong economy.
You will be tasked with the implementation and enforcement of environmental management standards for Mining Exploration Works. The Environmental Advisor is required to give specialised and accurate environmental advice, create a culture of environmental awareness, accountability, vigilance and leadership across the team and to minimise or eliminate negative impacts of exploration on the environment in line with the relevant legislation and company policies.
The scope of the role is to;
- Build, monitor and enforce an environmental management system to ensure that environmental compliance is maintained on site.
- Proactively recognising environmental service and consumable requirements in advance.
- Ensuring that plans are put in place and implemented in a timely fashion to prevent any delays to productivity and to avoid any environmental non – compliances.
- Ensure that activities and expenses are approved and accounted for and maintained within allocated budgets.
- Continually research, communicate and implement innovations and technologies which will aid cost effective and streamlined environmental process.
- Co-ordinate and manage the maintenance, implementation and amendment of the Environmental Management Plan, as well as effectively communicating expectations and standards.
- Co-ordinate, attend and prepare for internal and external audits.
- Manage the activities of consultants and subcontractors as required, i.e. air quality and noise in line with Environmental Safety Standards
- Maintain awareness of existing and developing environmental legislation and company standards.
- Assist in incident investigations as appropriate including the review of incident reports
- Contribute to in-house environmental training, development and assessment of personnel ensuring the appropriate amount of environmental awareness is maintained.
Ideally we seek candidates with, Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent, coupled with a minimum 5 years environmental industry experience.
You must have proven history contributing to a team effort, in project environment. Knowledge of environmental statutory requirements in relation to project planning and delivery is also essential. Experience in working with ISO14001 and in environmental management techniques, systems and tools including monitoring, inspections, auditing highly desirable.
Working with Adani provides an employee the opportunity and choice, to work in diverse businesses Mine, Rail, Port and Renewables. Every single day is a new day in a challenging and enjoyable work environment that will help you realise your true potential and personal aspirations.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: