Environmental & Approvals Manager - RAIL
Townsville City, QLD
Adani Australia is a multi-dimensional energy and infrastructure company with projects and assets across regional Queensland.
We are recruiting an Environmental & Approval Manager – Rail for the Carmichael Mine & Rail Project, which is a 10mtpa coal mine and connecting rail line under construction north-west of Clermont.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Environmental & Approvals Manager - Rail supports the Head of the Rail Project and Head of Head of Health Safety Environment Community and Approvals in the delivery of the Project’s Environment & Approval requirements.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing planning and approvals advice and guidance to the rail project execution team
- Assist the Head of HSECA to identify, develop and obtain a range of planning and environmental approvals, permits and licences to facilitate project execution
- Develop, maintain and implement project management systems and compliance tracking for the rail project
- Providing specialist planning and approvals advice to the project team in order for the project to meet its environmental obligations
- Providing timely, accurate and thorough advice, reporting and direction in regards to planning and approvals requirements
- Engage field environmental team to ensure compliance with Company, Project and Statutory Requirements
- Provide guidance, training and support to junior members of the environment team and internal stakeholders on environmental requirements
- Working closely and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor, review and report performance against planning & approvals requirements for projects and programs
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Our people are dynamic, passionate, solutions-focused and diverse. We offer a harmonious and supportive workplace, competitive remuneration and global career pathways.
The successful applicant will align with our values of courage, trust and dedication to high standards. A flexible attitude to work will be required to meet project deadlines.
Other qualifications and attributes required include:
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Environmental Planning, Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with team members and an established external network
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local statutory requirements in relation to planning and approvals legislation
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience including experience with approvals and planning for major projects
- Preferred experience working in the construction industry
- Experience in leading a project environmental team on a large scale infrastructure project
- Ability to motivate people to achieve an outstanding environmental outcome
- Computer proficient, previous use of electronic compliance tracking software is desirable
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house recruitment team. We respectfully request recruitment agencies do not approach us about this opportunity.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: