Project Communications Advisor
Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this 12-month contract role is primarily tasked with supporting the implementation of the communications strategy for the Carmichael Project and acting as the conduit between the Project team and the Communications team.
A key part of this role is the building and maintaining of relationships between key Project staff including the Commercial team, Community Relations team and Package Managers. From time to time the role may also be required to provide support for other Adani Australia businesses.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Support the Project Director and Project Leadership Team with all internal and external communications requirements including delivery of weekly team newsletter and HR content.
- Create engaging written and digital content which tells the story of the Carmichael Project for traditional media, social media channels and for communication with external stakeholders.
- Provide project updates to the broader communications team.
- Assist in the delivery of media activities and events related to the Project.
- Support the delivery of events and sponsorship activities as required.
- Coordination of suppliers such as videographers, photographers, transport providers and merchandise providers as required.
- Provide ad-hoc support for other Adani Australia businesses.
- Ability to work autonomously as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current affairs, events and the media landscape and how these relate to Adani’s various businesses
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: