Civil Package Manager
Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Civil Package Manager is responsible for planning the end-to-end delivery of civil works packages including early works, construction water pipeline, bulk earthworks, culverts and bridge-related works and camp management for the Carmichael Rail Network (CRN). The role is also responsible for drafting scope of works and managing construction and handover site for railway track construction. The position will also manage civil related works such as supply of girders, supply of steel for culverts, Identify and secure approvals for borrow sources, Supply of construction water and interface works with other packages such as camp, track, signalling and operations. This role is based in our Townsville headquarters working Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities will also include:
Within areas of responsibility, ensure staff and contractors are aware of and comply with:
- All safety procedures and legislation
- Applicable (International and Australian specific) statutory acts and regulations
- Industry codes of conduct
- Carmichael Rail Network Pty Ltd company policies and procedures
- The Adani Delegation of Authority Policy
- Legal agreements with partners, community associations and other groups
- Community and stakeholder expectations
- Adherence to time and cost budget control requirements
- Compliance with all applicable Adani group policies and procedures
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Foundation Engineering
- 20+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in a senior position in the development of rail infrastructure projects in Australia
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel frequently to site and other locations as required
- Demonstrated previous experience in the development of major linear rail infrastructure in Queensland
- In depth knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian rail construction and experience in negotiation of similar contract size
- Strong experience in managing large crews on site
- Applied experience with supporting design development including safety in design requirements
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff
- Engineering experience in the construction of major coal rail infrastructure in Queensland or Australia
- Experience in the planning and development of materials sources for major infrastructure civil works in Queensland
- Knowledge of specifications for materials used in development of major linear infrastructure in Queensland
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: