Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Communications Engineer to be based in our Townsville headquarters. This role supports the Signalling & Communications Manager in the planning and delivery of communications works across construction and camp communications and permanent end to end systems.
Responsibilities of this position include:
Within areas of responsibility, ensure staff and contractors are aware of and comply with:
- Applicable (international and Australian specific) statutory acts and regulations
- Industry codes of conduct
- Carmichael Rail Network Pty Ltd Company Policies and Procedures
- The Adani Delegation of Authority Policy
- Company and region level standards and procedures
- Legal agreements with partners, community associations and other groups
- Community and stakeholder expectations
- Adherence to time and cost budget control requirements
- Compliance with all applicable Adani group policies and procedures
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- As a minimum, possess a Bachelor of Engineering with qualifications in electronic / communications engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia (IEAust) or equivalent
- Equivalent relevant experience will be considered for suitable applicants
- At least 3 years specific experience in designing communications / IT systems and project engineering
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Wired or wireless networking, communication system design and implementation, Wireless or Wireline, MS Windows (Active Directory) design implementation and support, computer systems hardware or network security
- As a Communications Engineer, you will have knowledge of current communications technologies and design implementation practices and the ability to lead a dynamic team. This role will involve engineering, designing, coordinating and project managing the delivery of the rail network and remote control operations
- Exposure to Communications systems, working with Signalling systems, industrial PLC / SCADA / HMI solutions is preferred
- Experience in coordinating site works
- Experience in design development including safety in design
- Engineering experience in the construction of major coal rail infrastructure in Queensland or within Australia (desirable)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to influence business stakeholders through written and verbal communication (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: