Rail Safety Manager
Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for a Rail Safety Manager to join our team and be part of the iconic Carmichael Rail Network (CRN) project. As the subject matter expert, you will be accountable for delivering all services in the field relative to rail construction, safety and security, including civil, track construction, camp construction and camp operations for the CRN. This is a site based role working on a 14/7 roster.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of all supporting Health, Safety & Security (HSS) systems and processes
- Ensuring efficient operation of the CRN HSS systems (process and IT system) within scope of works
- Supervising construction HSS teams for the civil, track and camp functions, inclusive of on schedule on budget performance
- Providing technical advice and support on matters to CRN and their contractors
- Maintaining compliance with all CRN Safety Management Systems, relevant legislation, regulations approval conditions and reporting requirements.
- Managing audit and inspection activities across all construction sites
- Coordinating establishment and function of the Rail Safety Committees
- Providing support in the continuous improvement of the SMS including the mentoring of managers, contractors, HSS professionals and employees
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
- Postgraduate / technical qualifications /certificates of relevance to the role function
- Extensive experience in a similar role working on major projects within the construction or rail industry
- Demonstrated ability in managing relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Auditing and investigation experience and qualifications
- Demonstrable and proven ability in working within fast moving and outcome oriented work environments
- Working knowledge and experience of rail and safety legislation
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: