Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Control Manager leading a support team, you will ensure the rail construction has an effective and efficient commercial framework whilst providing project support to facilitate the execution of the program. This is a site based role, working a 14/7 roster.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient and streamlined system of effective project control reporting tools specialising in cost, schedule & document control to ensure consistencies
- Leading financial and business performance reporting in accordance with the Project Governance Framework for Rail Infrastructure Program, providing predicative analysis to senior management to ensure timely and informed decision making
- Monitoring the effectiveness of all accounting/reporting systems and procedures
- Working in collaboration with various business areas to ensure the maintenance of systems and high-level data integrity
- Assisting with achieving the Carmichael Rail Project targets, objectives, performance measures, safety responsibilities and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and extensive experience in a similar role
- High level of commercial and business management skills with demonstrated ability to engage, plan and execute project control improvements initiatives in accordance with best practice methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities having successfully led and mentored a highly effective Project Support team within a project management environment.
- High level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills across a diverse range of complex issues.
- High level of systems and process management skills with an understanding of their potential impact on business, particularly in relation to the implementation of continuous improvement methodologies to deliver best practice outcomes.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
Applications close at 5pm on the 6th August 2019
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: