Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for experienced Structural Supervisors to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding project. This is a site based role working a 14/7 roster.
Reporting to the Senior Structures Superintendent you will be accountable for direct site supervision of subcontractors and supporting overall project delivery. Your responsibilities will include:
- Following project programs and ensuring that the Contractor and sub-contractors complete works to meet programs, directing the progress of work and monitoring compliance with construction
- Providing Safety Leadership in developing a Safety Culture and ensuring contractors comply with the CRN Safety Policies and with all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices
- Providing leadership in Environmental Compliance and ensuring the Construction Contractor complies with the Environmental and all other Compliance requirements.
- Providing leadership and coordination of the works with the Construction Contractor in the field to achieve construction outcomes of the project
- Verifying (by inspections and tests) that work areas, work methods, materials, plant and equipment comply with safety legislation, regulations, standards and codes.
- Quarantining unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment and managing requirements to make safe again
- Maintaining regular updates and presenting construction progress in review meetings.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Structural Supervisor working on large scale civil constructions projects valued at $100M+
- Technical expertise and knowledge of precast bridge construction processes, means and methods
- Strong Leadership skills and a proven commitment to Safety
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational, planning, time management and job execution capabilities
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: