Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Structures Superintendent, this position is accountable for supporting the end-to-end delivery of track construction-related works for the Carmichael Rail Network (CRN) including logistics coordination of free issue materials (rail, sleeper, turnout, ballast). This position works on a 14/7 roster based in our Townsville headquarters, transitioning to site at a later date.
Key responsibilities of this position include:-
- Review track structure strategy and design a safe and cost effective track structure
- Evaluate existing track delivery methods with regards to cost, time and the standards required for construction materials
- Analyse alternative methodology and material types to ensure cost effective solutions
- Work with other infrastructure specialists to support the planning, project execution and commissioning of the rail development
- Manage consultants working on the preliminary and detailed engineering of the track development
- Evaluate Queensland Rail/Aurizon standards and apply where necessary
- Manage track construction activities such as supply of turnouts, supply of rail, supply of sleepers, supply of ballast and interface works with earthworks, signalling and operations
- Financial reporting including cost control and cost management
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
- Extensive experience in a track project delivery environment
- Experience with engineering, logistics coordination, project management and train control
- Engineering skills and applied experience with coal rail development
- Functional experience with supporting design development, including safety in design requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: