Senior Mine Planning Engineer
Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be accountable for providing high level engineering expertise whilst contributing to mine planning, scheduling and quality control.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Reviewing methodologies for overburden removal and making recommendations for the optimum methodologies to be utilised
- Preparing mine layouts using input from geotechnical reports and findings to optimise pit lengths and overburden transport routes
- Optimising the long term mine design and schedule (Primavera/SPRY) and providing short, medium and long term mine planning options which will ensure the resource is mined in the most cost effective way, consistent with company and legislative requirements.
- Ensuring the medium and long term mine plans are adapted to optimise safe working conditions within the mining operation.
- Assisting in the preparation and development of the annual budget and business plans as required.
To be considered for this position, you will possess:-
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Mine Planning role, preferably within an open cut Coal mining environment
- Experience as an engineer working within the short, medium & long term planning and scheduling space
- Proficiency in the use of SPRY or similar software
- Excellent safety standards
- Strong technical, execution, commercial and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team work, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
This position offers an attractive roster based in our Townsville Headquarters with site based travel as required.
We offer a dynamic environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
If you're interested in this role, click on "apply" to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team - we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: