Senior Environment Advisor
Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Senior Environment Advisor, you will assist in the management and implementation of all environmental requirements for the construction of the Carmichael Rail Network under the direction of the Environmental Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the Environmental Manager to assist in the delivery of the Environment & Approval requirements of the Carmichael Rail Project
- Developing and presenting environmental training, induction and awareness programs for staff
- Providing specialist environmental advice to the Project Delivery team
- Preparing daily and weekly environmental key note summaries and submitting monthly environment reports
- Ensuring incident management response and communication protocols are adhered to
- Identifying inspection and monitoring requirements and reporting on verification of compliance
- Managing the activities of consultants and subcontractors and monitoring compliance with
- relevant environmental approvals and legislation
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Environmental Planning, Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive industry experience in a similar role with a focus on managing construction for best practice environmental outcomes on major projects
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and Local statutory requirements in relation to planning and approvals legislation
- Proven ability to establish relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Experience in environmental management techniques and tools including monitoring, inspections & auditing
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: