Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have the opportunity for four (4) Environmental Advisors to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding project. This is a site based role working on a 14/7 roster.
Reporting to the Environment Manager, the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing timely advice and assisting to identify, develop and obtain a range of planning and environmental approvals, permits and licences to facilitate project execution
- Providing timely, accurate and thorough advice, reporting and direction in regards to planning and approvals requirements
- Supporting the project field team to ensure compliance with Company, Project and Statutory Requirements
- Providing guidance, training and support to internal stakeholders on environmental requirements
- Working closely and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting performance against company requirements, planning & approvals requirements as directed.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Environmental Planning, Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive industry experience in a similar role with a focus on managing construction for best practice environmental outcomes on major projects
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and Local statutory requirements in relation to planning and approvals legislation
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
Applications close at 5pm on the 30th July 2019
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: