Senior Early Works Superintendents
Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for an experienced civil works Senior Early Works Superintendent to join our team and be part of the Carmichael Rail Network (CRN) project. This is a site based role working a 14/7 roster.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Supervising the work of subcontractors and supporting the Manager in project delivery, ensuring works are constructed to contract requirements and timelines
- Ensuring that “Permit to Disturb” for the works being constructed has been issued and all conditions are followed
- Working to project specific WHS, Environmental Management and Industrial Relations Management Systems and ensuring compliance with Safety Management Plans
- Maintaining accurate records of the various contractor’s personnel and equipment on site to enable the Project Controls Team to prepare timely and accurate reports
- Assuming site safety responsibilities including participating in on-site safety meetings and actioning findings identified through safety audits in a timely manner
- Providing leadership in environmental compliance and ensuring subcontractors comply with environmental conditions and requirements
- Verifying (by inspections and tests) that work areas, work methods, materials, plant and equipment comply with safety legislation, regulations, standards and codes
- Quarantining unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment and managing requirements.
- Reporting incidents and accidents and collating incident, accident and injury statistics
- Leadership in cost awareness within the Construction Team, ensuring value for money
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships in particular the Traditional Owners, landholders and local government.
- Maintaining regular updates and presenting construction progress in review meetings.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- Experience on large scale civil projects with considerable expertise in roads, earthworks and drainage.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar leadership role within large scale civil projects with a focus on roads/earthworks/drainage
- Knowledge of civil construction processes, techniques and best practice
- Experience working on civil construction project over $30M+ in value
- Proficiency in software packages including MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
- Extensive leadership capabilities and a proven commitment to safety
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: