Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for an experienced Area Manager to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding rail project. This position is responsible for managing the end to end delivery of civil works packages within a defined Area which includes early works, construction water pipeline, bulk earthworks, culverts and bridge related works, managing the associated Construction Contractor. The position will also be responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of the Construction Contractors and any Self-Performed works. This is a site based role, working a 14/7 roster.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing earthworks, structures and overall rail construction within the designated area of the rail corridor
- Providing Safety Leadership in developing a Safety Culture and ensuring the Construction Contractor complies with the CRN Safety Policies and with all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices
- Providing leadership in Environmental Compliance and ensuring the Construction Contractor complies with the Environmental and all other Compliance requirements
- Providing leadership and coordination of the works with the Construction Contractor in the field to achieve construction outcomes of the project
- Leadership in cost awareness within the Construction team, ensuring value for money
- Developing and maintaining Stakeholder relationships in particular the Traditional Owners, Landholders, Local Governments and Aurizon
- Maintaining regular updates and presenting construction progress in review meetings.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- Extensive on-site experience in managing similar $200M+ large scale contracts within the rail construction industry
- Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering
- Strong Leadership skills and a proven commitment to Safety
- Working knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian rail construction
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: