Rockhampton City, QLD
The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 10 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager – Rail, you will be accountable for controlling and monitoring total project expenditure, including verifying invoices and claims from suppliers and subcontractors to ensure contractor cost reporting is compliant with project controls.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Delivering packaged cost controlling management, driving budget and change controls, cost monitoring and progress and variance reporting
- Adhering to and applying the project Work Breakdown Structure to ensure all systems, processes and reporting reflect the standard approach on the project
- Coordinating and working with the project controls management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work
- Monitoring project costs and working on efficiencies whilst managing any change management (Trends and Scope Changes) and maintaining company reporting standards
- Preforming contractor productivity reviews against project hours from timesheets, schedules and costs to complete
- Conducting a review daily production information, and providing information on opportunities to improve
- Performing cost delay analysis and forecasting extension of time claim assessments for commercial teams
- Monitoring accrual costs on a weekly and monthly basis
- Contributing to the general development of the company cost reporting templates to reduce inefficiencies and to ensure the report structures are as efficient as possible
- Assisting with maintaining project control plans and specific project procedures.
To be considered for this position, you will possess:-
- Tertiary Qualifications in (Civil/Structural) Engineering, Finance or a Quantity Surveying related discipline
- Proven experience working on Civil/ Rail construction projects
- Strong commercial systems and process knowledge, with a history of managing compliance and adherence to procedures while managing projects cost controls
- A collaborative team approach and being able to work with minimal supervision to provide the project support in all Cost Controls functions
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Project, SAP and estimating software packages.
This is a site based position offering a 14/7 roster. We offer a dynamic environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: