Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Site Logistics Officer includes the strategic planning and management of logistics, inventory and transportation. The position is based on site, working on a 14/7 roster, reporting to the Logistics Supervisor. Key responsibilities in this role are as follows:
- Assist in the direction, optimization and coordination of the full order cycle
- Assist in the management of inventory levels in alignment with sales forecasts
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of inventory, setting min/max levels, EOQ's, quantity breaks and lead times
- Facilitate the import/export processing, including preparation of shipping documentation for air and sea shipments
- Scheduling and processing of international shipments including liaison with freight forwarders for accurate ETA's and Customs requirements
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure correct documentation and packaging requirements are met
We are seeking someone with a “can do” attitude that possesses the following skills, attributes and qualifications.
- Qualifications in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Proven experience as a procurement and/or logistics officer
- Experience in liaising with freight forwarders, shipping companies and international suppliers
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Dexterity in "reading" the market and experience collecting and analysing data
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Proficient in standard logistics software with a good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.