Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for strategically managing logistics, inventory and transportation effectively. This role is based on site and works on a 14/7 roster, reporting to the Procurement Manager.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Liaise and negotiate with external suppliers
- Approve and finalise purchase orders for goods and services
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce costs in procurement and logistics
- Manage the direction, optimization and coordination of the full order cycle
- Manage inventory levels in alignment with sales forecasts
- Monitor the quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Analysing and reporting on inventory, setting min/max levels, EOQ's, quantity breaks and lead times
- Oversee import/export processing, including preparation of shipping documentation for all air and sea shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints with products/suppliers
- Participate in the management of rolling and annual stock takes.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
- Qualifications in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Proven experience as a procurement and/or logistics Supervisor or Manager
- Proven ability in developing and effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders including freight forwarders, shipping companies and international suppliers
- Knowledge and experience in sourcing and procurement techniques
- Dexterity in "reading" the market and experience collecting and analysing data
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Proficient in standard logistics software with a good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.