Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a team player to join our team as a Site Civil Engineer. The position is based on site, working on a 10/4 roster. Reporting to the Package Manager, this role is responsible for the oversight and delivery of civil works including construction of roads, dams, drains, culverts, pads and associated structures. The successful applicant will align with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in developing construction delivery methodology
- Ensure productivity and performance targets are achieved
- Ensure compliance to environmental, cultural heritage, landholder and stakeholder requirements
- Review civil design and provide inputs to ensure safe and cost effective civil works
- Analysis of alternative methodology and material types for cost effective solutions
- Support the planning, project execution and commissioning of the mine project offsite infrastructure.
- Supervise and coordinate with design, purchasing and contract administration team related to the civil package
- Control and manage the project scheduling, time control and quality
- Ensure robust reporting frameworks are established to assist decision making, manage variations and delays efficiently and effectively
- Support Package Manager and Package Engineer to deliver project within time and budget
- Establish contractor reporting requirements against specified project goals
We seek someone that possesses the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in civil or foundation engineering
- Experience supervising the construction of bulk earthworks
- 5+ years relevant experience in a middle level position in an Australian infrastructure project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience on-site in the development of major projects in Queensland
- Experience in coordinating site works
- Applied experience with supporting design development including safety in design requirements
- Engineering experience in the construction of major coal infrastructure in QLD or Australia
- Planning and Development of materials sources for major infrastructure civil works in QLD
- Specifications for materials used in development of major linear infrastructure in QLD
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.