Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Culvert Superintendent is accountable for the direct site management of subcontractors and supporting of the overall project delivery. This role is based on site and works on a 14/7 roster, reporting to the Area Manager.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage and monitor project programs and ensure the contractor and sub-contractors complete works to meet programs, direct the progress of work and monitor compliance with construction
- Assist the Package Manager with site Industrial Relations Management Plans and monitor subcontractor compliance with industrial relations laws and employment obligations
- Assist Project Managers with the preparation of Site Safety Management Plans and developing safe work procedures as required, ensuring adherence to procedures
- Provide safety leadership in developing a safety culture and ensure contractors comply with the Carmichael Rail Safety policies and with all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices
- Providing leadership in environmental compliance and ensuring the construction contractor complies with environmental and all other compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership and coordination of works with the construction contractor to achieve construction outcomes of the project
- Verify that work areas, methods, materials, plant and equipment comply with safety legislation, regulations, standards and codes.
- Quarantine unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment and managing requirements to make safe again
- Maintain regular updates and present construction progress in review meetings.
The successful applicant will be able to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders. The role requires the following skills and attributes, and alignment with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar senior role within a construction environment
- Knowledge of civil construction processes, means and methods
- Experience working on civil construction projects over $50m
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and a team-focused approach
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.