Land & Interface Coordinator
Townsville City, QLD
The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 10 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
This is a rare opportunity to live and work in one of Australia's most tropical cities, Townsville, as well as being part of an exciting and rewarding project.
Reporting to the Project Services Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the Land Management & Interface Management scope for the Carmichael Rail Network
- Providing high level support and advice to the Project Delivery Team on matters related to the above mentioned disciplines
- Managing the land access permit approval process and ensuring records are maintained to demonstrate compliance
- Negotiating outstanding interface/infrastructure agreements with WRC/IRC/DTMR
- Ensuring that the commitments to landholders are met and records maintained within the company compliance management system
- Ensuring the obligations within all the interface agreements are met and records maintained within the company compliance management system
- Working with the Environmental Manager and the Stakeholder Manager to ensure that the project is ready for all external audits.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Land Management, Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience including experience with approvals and planning for major projects
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with team members and an established external network
- Ability to motivate people to achieve an outstanding project outcome.
This role is based in our regional headquarters in Townsville, located on the river and close to the CBD. This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Regional Queensland for an experienced professional who is committed to positive outcomes.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: