Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Culvert Supervisor is responsible for the direct site supervision of subcontractors, and supporting overall project delivery. This role provides leadership and coordination of the works with the construction contractor to achieve goals of the project. This role is based on site and works on a 14/7 roster reporting to the Culvert Superintendent.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Follow project programs and ensure contractors and sub-contractors complete works to meet programs, directing the progress of work and monitoring compliance with construction
- Providing safety leadership in developing a safety culture and ensure contractors comply with the Carmichael Rail Network safety policies and all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices
- Provide leadership in environmental compliance and ensure the construction contractor complies with environmental and other compliance requirements
- Provide leadership and coordination of the works with the construction contractor to achieve construction outcomes of the project
- Verify that work areas, work methods, materials, plant and equipment comply with safety legislation, regulations, standards and codes
- Quarantine unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment and manage requirements to make safe again
- Maintaining regular updates and present construction progress in review meetings.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage trust and commitment to high standards.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Civil Site Supervisor
- Knowledge of civil construction processes, means and methods
- Experience working on civil construction projects valued in excess of $30 million
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
- Be self-motivated and driven team player with strong leadership capabilities
- Possess a current first aid certificate
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interest in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: