Townsville City, QLD
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Track Engineer to join our Rail team. Reporting to the Senior Structures Superintendent, you will be accountable for supporting the end to end delivery of track construction related works for the Carmichael Rail Network (CRN) including logistics coordination of free issue materials (rail, sleeper, turnout, ballast).
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Reviewing the track structure strategy and designing a safe and cost effective track structure
- Evaluating existing track delivery methods with regards to cost, time and the standards required for construction materials
- Analysing alternative methodology and material types to ensure cost effective solutions
- Working with other infrastructure specialists to support the planning, project execution and commissioning of the rail development
- Managing consultants working on the preliminary and detailed engineering of the track development
- Evaluating QR/Aurizon standards and applying them where necessary
- Managing track construction activities such as Supply of turnouts, Supply of Rail, Supply of Sleepers, Supply of Ballast and Interface works with Earthworks, Signalling and Operations
- Financial reporting including cost control and cost management
To be considered for this position, you will possess:-
- Extensive experience in a track project delivery environment
- Experience with engineering, logistics coordination, project management and train control
- Engineering skills and applied experience with coal rail development
- Functional experience with supporting design development including safety in design requirements.
This fixed term position offers a 14/7 roster based in our Townsville Headquarters, transitioning to site at a later date. We offer a dynamic environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: