Townsville City, QLD
An opportunity exists for several Area Managers to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding rail project. This position is responsible for managing the end to end delivery of civil works packages within a defined Area which includes early works, construction water pipeline, bulk earthworks, culverts and bridge related works, managing the associated Construction Contractor. The position will also be responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of the Construction Contractors and any Self-Performed works.
Reporting to the Civil Package Manager – Rail, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing earthworks, structures and overall rail construction within the designated area of the rail corridor
- Providing Safety Leadership in developing a Safety Culture and ensuring the Construction Contractor complies with the CRN Safety Policies and with all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices
- Providing leadership in Environmental Compliance and ensuring the Construction Contractor complies with the Environmental and all other Compliance requirements
- Providing leadership and coordination of the works with the Construction Contractor in the field to achieve construction outcomes of the project
- Leadership in cost awareness within the Construction team, ensuring value for money
- Developing and maintaining Stakeholder relationships in particular the Traditional Owners, Landholders, Local Governments and Aurizon
- Maintaining regular updates and presenting construction progress in review meetings.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Extensive on-site experience in managing similar $200M+ large scale contracts within the rail construction industry
- Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering
- Strong Leadership skills and a proven commitment to Safety
- Working knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian rail construction
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
This is a fixed term, site based role working a 14/7 roster, commuting from Rockhampton or Townsville. We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: