Track Package Manager
Townsville City, QLD
An opportunity has become available for an exceptional Package Manager (Track) to join our Rail team. Reporting to the Below Rail Package Manager, you will be accountable for the end to end delivery of track and track related works for the Carmichael Rail Network (CRN) including drafting the scope of works to commissioning railway track infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Reviewing the track structure strategy and designing a safe and cost effective track structure
- Evaluating existing track delivery methods with regards to cost, time and the standards required for construction materials
- Analysing alternative methodology and material types to ensure cost effective solutions
- Working with a team of multi discipline professionals, responsible for design and construction of the track development
- Working with other infrastructure specialists to support the planning, project execution and commissioning of the rail development
- Managing consultants working on the preliminary and detailed engineering of the track development
- Evaluating QR/Aurizon standards and applying them where necessary
- Managing track related works such as Supply of turnouts, Supply of Rail, Supply of Sleepers, Supply of Ballast and Interface works with Earthworks, Signalling and Operations
- Financial reporting including cost control and cost management
To be considered for this position, you will possess:-
- Proven experience in the development of major linear rail infrastructure in Queensland
- In depth knowledge of legislation and policies relating to Australian rail construction
- Engineering skills and applied experience with coal rail development
- Functional experience with supporting design development including safety in design requirements.
This fixed term position will be based in our Townsville Headquarters. We offer a dynamic environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: