Townsville City, QLD
An opportunity has become available for an extraordinary Procurement Manager to join our Commercial team. Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will be accountable for defining and delivering on the strategic direction of a broad group of project related and operational spend categories for the Carmichael Mine and Rail projects.
You will work collaboratively across the organisation to ensure that the project and operational supply needs strategically match the market, by negotiating with and managing multiple suppliers to achieve optimal cost and risk outcomes in compliance with Adani’s requirements.
With supply chain / category management expertise, you will be responsible for:-
- Developing sourcing strategies and opportunities that result in reductions in total cost of ownership, safety and service improvements
- Leading negotiations with key suppliers to ensure maximum value is extracted from key suppliers
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of an integrated project management schedule through timely execution of sourcing packages
- Building relationships with key business stakeholders across multiple levels and varied business areas to ensure that sourcing packages are executed against relevant business unit plans, budgets, scope and performance requirements
- Managing and developing the relationship with contracted suppliers through effective post award management of escalations, disputes and contract variations.
To be considered for this position, you will possess:-
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, economics, law, engineering, business or a similar, relevant discipline
- At least 5 years supply chain / category management experience
- Proven ability in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and a strong understanding of market trends that impact the spend profile for the company.
Working in our Townsville headquarters, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a group of passionate, solutions focussed professionals in a dynamic environment where you can make a difference.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: