The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 10 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
Reporting to the Rail Safety Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with site managers, supervisors and the Rail Safety Manager in the implementation of Health Safety and Security (HSS) services in the field
- Monitoring of HSS performance and compliance and ensuring all staff and contractors are appropriately trained and inducted
- Identifying and conducting risk analysis of the potential HSS hazards for the project
- Ensuring accurate and up to date documentation and information relating to HSS matters is collected, reported, disseminated and stored appropriately
- Conducting and leading investigations, audits and inspections, analysing findings and supporting the implementation of corrective and preventive strategies
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, best practice and tools and leveraging these to improve HSS management practices and performance
- Maintaining positive working relationships within CRN, its Contractors and Regulatory Authorities.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary Qualification in Health, Safety or a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role on major projects
- Auditing & Investigation qualifications and experience
- Strong Leadership skills and a proven commitment to Safety
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven ability in working within fast moving and outcome oriented work environments
- Working knowledge and experience of HSS and Rail Safety legislation.
This role is initially based in our regional headquarters in Townsville, transitioning to a site based role in the near future, working a 14/7 roster. We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.