Senior Early Works Superintendent
Townsville City, QLD
An opportunity exists for a Senior Early Works Superintendent to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding rail project.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the work of subcontractors and supporting the Manager in project delivery, ensuring works are constructed to contract requirements and timelines
- Ensuring that “Permit to Disturb” for the works being constructed has been issued and all conditions are followed
- Working to project specific WHS, Environmental Management and Industrial Relations Management Systems and ensuring compliance with Safety Management Plans
- Maintaining accurate records of the various contractor’s personnel and equipment on site to enable the Project Controls team to prepare timely and accurate reports
- Assuming site safety responsibilities including participating in on-site safety meetings and actioning findings identified through safety audits in a timely manner
- Providing leadership in Environmental Compliance and ensuring subcontractors comply with Environmental conditions and requirements
- Verifying (by inspections and tests) that work areas, work methods, materials, plant and equipment comply with safety legislation, regulations, standards and codes
- Quarantining unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment and managing requirements.
- Reporting incidents and accidents and collating incident, accident and injury statistics
- Leadership in cost awareness within the Construction team, ensuring value for money
- Developing and maintaining Stakeholder relationships in particular the Traditional Owners, Landholders and Local Government.
- Maintaining regular updates and presenting construction progress in review meetings.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a similar leadership role within the construction industry
- Knowledge of civil construction processes, techniques and best practice
- Experience working on Civil Construction projects over $30M in value
- Proficiency in software packages including MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
- Extensive leadership capabilities and a proven commitment to safety
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Regional Queensland for a candidate who is able to demonstrate you are a proven self-starter with a commitment to positive outcomes.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To register your interest, please submit your application online.
This role is being sourced directly by the employer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: