Head Of Department - Mathematics/languages - Mirani State High School
Image Courtesy of Mirani State High School
Mirani State High is situated in the Pioneer Valley outside of Mackay. Situated in the heart of a sugar growing community, the school prides itself on the close links that have been developed with businesses, industries and community organisations throughout the Pioneer Valley and the broader Mackay community to further enhance opportunities available to our students. This position is integral to our leadership team to ensure the delivery of quality mathematics from Year 7 to Year 12.
As the Head of Department - Mathematics/Languages, you will have responsibility for, but not limited to:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information regarding registration requirements please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.#LI-PRIORITYThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: