Head Of Curriculum - Middlemount Community School
Image Courtesy of Middlemount Community School
Middlemount Community School provides a quality, seamless education from Prep to Year 12. Our vision statement, “working with high expectations and pride, towards continuous improvement in teaching practices and student outcomes”, underpins all that we do at MCS. We understand that teacher capability is the key to our students' success and we invest in our staff accordingly.
As our name suggests, we are a small community of learners and we place great emphasis on students' wellbeing. Our students are well supported through our Learning and Wellbeing Plan, both in their academic progress and social, emotional wellbeing. Our academic programs deliver the P-12 Australian Curriculum and QCAA Authority and Authority registered subjects and a small number of vocational certificates in the senior school. Students in years 10-12 are able to access a wider range of subjects through distance education, which is well supported at our school. Senior students are also able to access school based apprenticeships and traineeships. We monitor student progress closely and provide appropriate intervention and support to ensure our students receive the best possible outcomes. Our school offers strong learning support programs for groups and individual students.
As Head of Curriculum at Middlemount Community School, you will:
- Contribute, as a member of the leadership team, to the positive and engaged culture of the school to ensure that the wellbeing and achievement of all members of our school community is enhanced.
- Lead implementation of the Australian Curriculum through effective, collaborative whole school, year level and unit planning.
- Lead implementation of the MCS Pedagogical Framework, ensuring continuous improvement in pedagogical practice, including Explicit Instruction, through coaching, modelling, mentoring and feedback.
- Build teacher capacity to use data to effect improvement in student outcomes, including high achieving students.
- Establish and support effective teams of teachers, focussing on building capacity in planning, teaching, assessment and moderation.
Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information regarding registration requirements please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.#LI-PRIORITYThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: