Intake Officer Des | Mylestones Employment | Rockhampton - Qld
Rockhampton City, QLD
Mylestones has been part of CPL – Choice, Passion and Life for 24 years supporting thousands of people reach their potential and find a job they love. We know that with the right support there is no limit to what people with disability can achieve, especially when it comes to employment.
Due to growth, we have an exciting position based in Rockhampton covering the Rockhamton and Gladstone region!
As our Intake Officer you’ll be joining us at the beginning of Mylestones in Rockhampton and Gladstone region, with the support of a well established organisation behind you, you will be coordinating and completing all participant intakes within the designated Employment Service Areas with the aim of providing people with disabilities a pathway to open employment. This a dynamic and busy role where you will be networking and building partnerships in Rockhampton and Gladstone with schools and services to assist with employment opportunities and grow our business.
As an established values based organisation, we are committed to high quality outcomes for our clients. It’s a great time to join us!
- Manage and coordinate the intake of all participants, and match with Job Development Officers (JDOs) to achieve appropriate outcomes for individual participants.
- Conduct the assessment of participants’ needs and suitability for services and eligibility requirements for CPL and relevant funding body/bodies.
- Ensure referrals and commencements meet Disability Support Services (DSS) contractual obligations.
- Develop initial Job Plans, including addressing any barriers to employment, to ensure positive outcomes are achieved by participants.
- Ensure compliance with all funding bodies through accurate record keeping, software and reporting as it relates to intakes for each participant and site.
- Liaise with schools to ensure that intakes are within eligibility requirements and build relationships to ensure appropriate number of referrals.
- Build positive networks and relationships with disability employment related organisations.
- Commitment to the CPL Way - understand the person, give great service, work together and find better ways.
Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role working with people with disabilities.
- Ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and provide positive solutions to complex problems.
- Working knowledge of Disability Employment Services (DES) Eligibility Criteria
- Highly effective communication, networking and rapport building skills
- Preferred previous experience with the intake process of participants into a DES Program and matching to employment staff.
- A valid C class driving licence.
- Competitive salary and salary packaging options
- Salary packaged car and mobile phone
- Employee benefits program
- Career building opportunity
- Professional development
- Values based organization with clear vision and commitment to the client
Applications to close by 20 October 2019 unless filled prior...thanks!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: