Hervey Range, QLD
IPA is a well-established Australian provider of employment and career solutions designed to help organisations and individuals to succeed at work. This includes permanent and temporary recruitment and flexible workforce solutions.
Our client is seeking an experienced Compliance Officer to guide, manage and regulate the built and natural environments within the Fraser Coast Region by conducting low, medium and high level investigations of breaches of legislation, planning schemes and local laws.
To be successful in your role you will ensure the compliance and delivery of Planning and Building investigative services across the whole region at a high standard, in a fair, transparent and timely manner in accordance with legislative time frames. Investigate and resolve complaints in a manner that reduces conflict and the need for legal processes where possible, using tact, discretion and professional judgement.
Build a strong, cooperative working relationship with members of the community, co-workers, residents, visitors, business owners and other government agencies and regulators.
- Certificate 4 In Government Investigations/Statutory Compliance or a relevant Trade Qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct Local Government (or similar) Regulatory investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to independently prepare concise and accurate file notes, correspondence, enforcement notices and Reports.
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations or Statutory Compliance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Local Government (or similar) Regulatory role.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct both Building and Planning investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare Briefs of Evidence, Warrants/Orders to Enter.
- Current QLD Class C Driver's Licence or equivalent.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as town planning, building, land management, environmental management, on-site environmental management, government or law.
- Swimming Pool Inspectors Licence.
- Building Surveyor Accreditation.
Immediate start required - Apply Now!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: