Parent Liaison Officer - Charters Towers School Of Distance Education
South Townsville, QLD
Image Courtesy of Charters Towers School of Distance Education
Charters Towers School of Distance Education provides quality education to children and others who for many reasons need access to an individualised program. People of all ages choose distance education for a variety of factors and our students are spread throughout the state, country and world.
Our school was the first Distance Education school to open in Queensland in 1987 and still leads in the use of technology to enable communication with our students and their tutors. We use traditional means of communication like mail and telephone as well as audio-teleconferencing, video, and the Internet to cross the barriers of distance and create the bonds of a school community. We prepare people for the future.
As the Parent Liaison Officer, you will:
- Handle enrolment enquiries;
- Liaise with the school management team, P&C executive, parents' home tutors and staff on matters relating to parent involvement;
- Provide weekly communication, and other communication as needed to families within the school;
- Assist with organising the schools' events such as Home Tutor School, Transition Days and Celebration Day;
- Provide support to parents, home tutors, students and School of Distance Education (SDE) teachers in delivering distance education programs to students, and maximising the participation of rural and remote parents in their children's education; and
- Support parents and parent bodies to assist them in providing quality advice to schools offering services to families living in remote or rural areas.
- a brief cover letter including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor);
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to key capabilities 1 to 4 under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
- provide a copy of any qualifications you may hold (not mandatory).
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.#LI-PRIORITYThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: