Rockhampton City, QLD
Role Responsibility and Accountabilities:
- Participate in the delivery of race day operations ensuring they are effective, high quality, and meet regulatory requirements and community expectations.
- Officiate at race meetings (appropriate to level) including directing and managing race day officials, and assist in the resolution of race meeting issues, informing management of serious matters.
- Undertake/assist in the management of race day preparation/activities including research & intelligence work, analysing betting trends, trial and track work sampling, audit, inspections and testing.
- Preparation of reports for inquiries or race meetings.
- Assist at appeal hearing by providing evidence and advice, as subject matter experts.
- Provide sound advice to QRIC management on issues relevant to stewarding operations.
- Point of contact for stakeholders in the region, respond to and resolve queries and requests, and escalate matters as required.
- Implement and work within the Rules of Racing and the Commission's policies and procedures.
- Partner and collaborate with the Commission's intelligence and investigative teams.
- Undertake office management responsibilities in the absence of the Senior Steward.
- Report all non-compliance issues in accordance with QRIC requirements.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour and integrity as required by the Public Sector Ethics Act 1994.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, government departments, private entities and the general public.
- Contribute to the safety culture of QRIC by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all WHS legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE' button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: