Health Information Manager
Rockhampton City, QLD
Do you want to get your career moving as a Health Information Manager (HIM)? Do you possess knowledge and experience with: critical thinking and research skills; leadership qualities; problem solving skills; and an eye for organisational innovation? The HIM is a stretch and growth role as our eHealth systems and a digital records systems transform alongside our operations and services across CQ Health. If you like variety, challenge balanced with time out to enjoy a great lifestyle, then read on.
CARE | INTEGRITY | RESPECT | COMMITMENT
About the role
As the Health Information Manager with CQ Health you will be responsible for leading and managing a Health Information Team consisting of:
- Medical Records management,
- Clinical Forms Co-ordination,
- Clinical Coding,
- Health Information Management and
- Release of Information
to ensure an effective and efficient health information service. These services are critical to ensuring patient safety through the provision of a high quality clinical record.
The Health Information Manager, Health Information Services plays a key role in the eHealth agenda and the introduction and transformation of paper clinical records to a digital healthcare service and as the Data Custodian is responsible for enabling changes to the electronic medical record from an operational perspective.
What's on offer?
Total package value up to $9,103 p.m., comprising salary between $3,372.80 - $3,669.80 (AO5) or $3,304.30 - $3,613.70 (PO3); Temporary Full Time:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the best fit for the role by demonstrating:
- High-level knowledge of patient-information systems, casemix, clinical-costing systems, benchmarking functions and statistical collections.
- High-level problem solving, communication (oral and written) and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of current and developing electronic patient-information systems and their implementation.
- Leadership and a commitment to the strategic development of clinical information management systems.
Mandatory qualifications / Professional registration / Other requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management, or other relevant professional qualifications.
- Eligibility for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) or other relevant professional organisations will be well regarded.
- Driver licence (C class)
Call Brett on (07) 4920 6348 to discuss this role, or apply online now!
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE*** Upload file types: jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .rtf, .txt. doc. and docx. only. Do not upload zipped files; pdfs created through MS Word 2007, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: