Head Of Special Education Services - Proserpine State School - Special Education Program
South Townsville, QLD
An exciting opportunity exists for a professional Head of Special Education Services to join the Proserpine State School - Special Education Program team. As the Head of Special Education Services, you will focus on educational leadership, participating in delivering the vision of the State Schools Division. You will work as part of a small but dedicated team to develop quality teaching and learning within the Special Education Program.
Image Courtesy of Proserpine State School
Proserpine State School is in a rural location in the beautiful Whitsunday area of North Queensland. The schools boasts staff who are not only experienced and dedicated to their profession, but strive daily to ensure the best outcomes for all students.
At Proserpine State School, we value the uniqueness of each individual. Children are encouraged to achieve to their potential, and participate to the fullness of their capacity. Our teaching and learning approaches, organisational procedures and structures respond to children's learning needs and phase of development. We strive to create a caring and accepting environment for all learners. Together, with parent/carer involvement in the learning process and our community's support with providing knowledge, skills and resources, we strive to make a difference.
Proserpine State School offers students up to date facilities including a large multipurpose hall, Science and Technology centre, modern library, and two computer laboratories. All classrooms have access to data projectors and or interactive whiteboards.
About the Role
As the Head of Special Education Services at Proserpine State School, you will lead, and work within, a small, dedicated and professional team to provide quality educational outcomes for students within the Special Education Program.
As the Head of Special Education Services you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school special education unit or special education developmental unit teachers, students and stakeholders to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Are active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Are futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students with disability.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the unit to achieve goals.
A requirement of this role is:
Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information regarding registration requirements pleaseCLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.#LI-PRIORITY
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: