Teacher - Primary - Year 3/4 - Glenden State School (P-12)
Glenden State School is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated applicants to apply for the full-time position of a Primary Teacher (Year 3/4). This is a temporary full-time position commences in Term 4, with possible extension for 2020. New and experienced teachers, including graduate and pre-service teachers expected to graduate in 2020 are encouraged to apply. Photo courtesy of Queensland Destinations - Lake Elphinstone, Glenden.
Sitting in the middle of the Queensland coast, the Mackay region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rainforests.
The township of Glenden is situated 166km inland from Mackay, and 953km from Brisbane.
Lake Elphinstone is a natural lake, located 25km away from Glenden in the Nebo Shire. The lake is a popular destination for water skiing, fishing, kayaking and water skiing with free camping and amenities available beside the lake. The lake attracts an abundance of birdlife making bird watching a popular activity with visitors.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website.
- Assistance to relocate
- Housing/Accommodation depending upon availability
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education and Training reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: