Mental Health Clinican - Older Persons
AODS and Specialist Team – Mental Health, Public Health and Rural Services – Mackay Base Hospital - Mackay
The Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs Services at the Mackay Base Hospital is looking for a Mental Health Clinician to join their team on a Permanent Full Time basis.
The Older Persons Mental Health Team provides specialised expertise for the community, in the assessment, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of individuals who may have a mental illness or disorder, or a dual diagnosis issue, that is complicated by problems and illnesses related to aging.
Your organisation – Mackay Hospital and Health Service:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2,700 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with the Queensland Public Service and the Mackay HHS Values as outlined above and here.
- Understand your broad responsibility for safety and quality in healthcare, actively participate in continuous quality and safety improvement activities within the workplace and notify a relevant clinical or non-clinical responsible officer when concerns exist about workplace or patient safety.
- The provision of a Healthy and Safe environment within Mackay Hospital and Health Service is everyone's responsibility.
- Carry out work in accordance with prescribed practices and procedures and in a manner that will not create health and safety hazards for yourself or others in the workplace. Understand your accountability to uphold the principles and practices of the Health Service's Health and Safety Management System in accordance with legislation and industry standards. For supervisors, actively promote good health and safety practices to staff of your work area.
- Provide a high standard of clinical care through the provision of assessment and coordinated case management services to older persons who suffer from a mental disorder, or a disorder related to aging complicated by a pre-existing mental disorder.
- The Mental Health Clinician ensures patient-focused evidence-based care, planning and coordination to consumers to promote recovery and well-being.
Why work for Mackay HHS?
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
Conditions of employment:
In addition to any mandatory requirements specified on the Role Description, such as Professional Registration and Qualifications, and prior to being made an offer of employment, incumbents are required to demonstrate their immunity to all or some of the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), Pertussis (whooping cough).
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
- Before applying ensure that you download and read the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
- Provide ashort response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
- Applicants applying through a website other than Smartjobs (such as Seek, LinkedIn, Jora, Indeed): Click on ‘Apply Now' and you will be re-directed to the Smartjobs website where you can view the documents mentioned above.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: