Principal - Glenmore State High School
Rockhampton City, QLD
As the Principal at Glenmore State High School you will deliver the vision of the department and improve the educational outcomes of students in their schools. The successful applicant will develop the quality of teaching and learning and nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
Image courtesy of Glenmore State High School
Glenmore State High School is located close to the main campus of the Central Queensland University and the rapidly expanding northern suburbs of Rockhampton. The school boasts innovative programs that aim to improve academic attainment and student engagement.
A recent regional showcase award recipient for its innovative student flexi space the school boast an attractive range of facilities to cater for the school's comprehensive curriculum offerings. The school currently has a full time enrolment of 596 students with 19.3% identifying as indigenous learners.
About the Role
As Principal, you will be required to lead a team of highly dedicated teaching professionals supported by a leadership team prepared to innovate to deliver better educational outcomes for all students.
You will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at www.qct.edu.au
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume (3 pages maximum) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: