Structural Engineer (Senior Or Less Exp'd)
Located in tropical Central Queensland, Mackay is a hub for great lifestyle and industry (mines and ports). It boasts tropical islands, exceptional outdoor and water based facilities. With a median house price much less than major capital cities, good quality housing is very affordable.
This company is a well established, respected and expanding engineering consultancy servicing mines, ports and heavy industry. Based in Mackay, they provide high quality engineering solutions in the Central Queensland region to an enviable range of private and ASX listed clients. Their specialist engineering support to major operations includes maintenance and upgrade projects and this provides a consistent and growing workload.
Due to business growth, we are pleased to offer superb opportunity for a site based Structural Engineer on secondment to a large coal handling port terminal. You’ll be providing structural engineering support to site maintenance crews as a member of the site engineering department. Based at site approximately 20 mins drive from Mackay, working hours will nominally be 40hrs Monday to Friday and supported by company senior engineers in Mackay head office.
Reporting to the Port Structural Engineer and the company Director we are seeking an energetic structural engineer with design experience (BEng Civil/Structural) keen to be actively involved in the development of repair strategies for materials handling structures. A large part of the role will be investigation, design and specification of structural repairs working closely with site structural maintenance crews. This would suit either:
- A less experienced structural engineer ($60k-$90k) keen to get hands-on practical experience at a large port facility. Good communication skills, work ethic & attitude. You’ll have support from head office senior engineers for direction & assistance as required, or
- A senior structural engineer ($100k-$150k) with design experience who is confident to make repair decisions on site (RPEQ and/or CPEng would be ideal).
You must have either:
- Structural design exp. (preferably heavy industry/materials handling), or
- Site project engineer exp. in a similar industry involved in structural repair projects or construction at an industrial type facility
This is a secondment for an initial 12 month contract and for the right candidate could be ongoing with other projects and/or more responsibilities. You’ll be based in Mackay (this is not a FIFO role).
Your skills and attributes:
- An EA recognised degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- RPEQ and/or CPEng (Senior position)
- Structural steel & concrete inspection and design experience
- Knowledge of structural steel & concrete (preferred)
- Experience with hands on site inspection work
- Inspection exp. with heavy industrial structures, & materials handling equipment
- Design experience using knowledge of AS1170, AS4100, AS3600 (AS4324.1 preferred)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience with risk management
- Be physically fit (pass medicals) & able to work at remote sites
This company is growing with many long-standing employees and low staff turnover. This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit team, define your future career and influence the growth of this exciting business. An attractive salary package will be negotiated depending on your experience. Relocation assistance (if required) can also be provided.
This opportunity is available for an immediate start. Enquiries can be made in the strictest of confidence to Neil on 0410313840.
Please address the selection criteria in your cover letter and register through the Apply facility below. You must be an Australian resident to be eligible. Applications close Wednesday 11th September, 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: