Townsville City, QLD
Located more than 300km west of the Queensland Coast the Carmichael Project is ideally positioned to maximise the opportunities that the Galilee Basin presents, so Queenslanders reap the rewards.
The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin to countries in South East Asia, including India delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 10 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
A rare opportunity to live and work in one of Australia's most tropical cities, Townsville, as well as being part of an exciting and rewarding project. This is a residential role working in our regional headquarters located on the river close to the CBD.
Reporting to the Environment & Approvals Manager, the responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and Maintain the Rail Project Environmental Management Systems
- Assist in developing Rail Project Environmental Documentation
- Provide high level administrative Support to the Environmental & Approvals Manager and Project Environment Team
- Lead Environmental Compliance Tracking and Reporting for the Project
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Preferred experience in the construction industry
- Experienced in working with management systems and auditing standards including the ISO14001 series
- Experienced in preparing and presenting a range of HSE documentation
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with team members
- Ability to motivate people to achieve an outstanding environmental outcomes
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Previous use of electronic compliance tracking software is desirable
This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Regional Queensland for a candidate who is able to demonstrate you are a proven self-starter with a commitment to positive outcomes. You will have the chance to work on complex and significant projects that will help you realise your true potential and personal aspirations.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global organisation.
This role is being sourced directly by Adani Mining. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: