Chpp Maintenance Coordinator
Our people are central to our success. With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team of industry leaders - because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners. About us With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value. Lake Vermont Mine is situated just outside of Dysart in the Bowen Basin. About the role As our next CHPP Maintenance Coordinator reporting to the CHPP Maintenance Supervisor/Planner, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality maintenance solutions and results within the mine site. The role also requires you to effectively manage the maintenance personnel and ensure the timely execution of the maintenance plan is completed in a safe and efficient manner. In this role, your responsibilities will include;
- Provide positive leadership and directly supervise a team of maintenance professionals to complete planned and unplanned maintenance work
- Coordinate the safe execution of scheduled maintenance work
- Identify and promote safe work practice, ensuring appropriate precautions are taken to reduce hazards and risks within the department
- Promote and maintain industry-leading standards in all areas of the CHPP; carry out effective inspection and reporting processes
- Actively seek and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Ensure and comply with site procedures, instructions and original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) specifications and limitations to ensure effective achievement of maintenance targets
- 7/7 Day Shift Roster commencing on Wednesday's
- A bus is provided from Rockhampton & Mackay to camp with only a 15-minute drive to site
- A solid understanding of the processes involved with fixed plant maintenance and coal processing.
- Previous or current experience working amongst fixed plant within the CHPP mining environment.
- Prior leadership role experience and skills would be highly advantageous, though not essential.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), implement safe work practice.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Current Standard 11, S1S2S3 and G2 Competencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: