Disability Support Coordinator
LIFE WITHOUT BARRIERS
Apply nowJob no:492285
Employment type:Full Time, Part Time
Location:Mackay & Coalfields
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Due to growth in the region, LWB is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Disability Coordinator on a permanent part time basis (with the view to move to full time in the future) with a focus on enhancing the lives of people living with a disability in Mackay.
The successful candidate will demonstrate solid experience in a similar position, particularly working in a team leadership/coordination role and experience with NDIS.
Our core business in Mackay is supporting clients with complex behaviours and medical needs. This is a hands on role that requires a focus on Active Support and motivating and mentoring Support Workers to achieve positive outcomes with our clients.
This is a permanent part time position, approx 19 hours per week. The successful candidate will be able to choose hours and days that best suit them (within business hours). As our business is growing, it is expected that opportunity for more hours will become available in the future.
- Coordinate, manage, support and supervise frontline workers;
- Demonstrate leadership and peer support to assist teams to achieve positive outcomes with clients;
- Liaise and communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver positive outcomes in an evolving environment
- Model appropriate conflict resolution and positive behaviour management skills.
- Possess skills in time management and prioritising work loads
Skills and Experience
- A professional and positive outlook about supporting people with disabilities and commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities;
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative, to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents;
- Previous experience managing residential sites or day programs
- Ability to develop positive relationships with as broad range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Rewarding role with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging benefits
- Part Time Position with Flexible Working Hours
How To Apply
Include your covering letter and resume in one document, click the 'Apply' button below and follow the screen prompts. For any enquiries contact please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “NDIS Coordinator – Mackay”
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Current application closing date is midnight 7 July 2019.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: