Allied Health Assistant
Hervey Range, QLD
Allied Health Assistant
Permanent Part Time
Bundaberg Allied Health
Care & Support Services - Care Employee Level 3
Hours per fortnight
Employment Status: Permanent Part Time
Classification: Allied Health Assistant
Remuneration Value: $23.42 - $25.42 per hour (FTE= $46,277.92 - $50,229.92) + 25% Loading
Blue Care is currently seeking applications from motivated Allied Health Assistants to join our Allied Health Team Based in Bundaberg. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate looking to gain valuable practical experience or an experienced Allied Health professional looking for permanent part time job security, but wanting to obtain a better work life balance
You'll provide holistic, specialised care under supervision from one of our senior Allied Health Professionals to enhance and promote the independence and wellbeing of our clients in line with best practice. You will be knowledgeable about contemporary theories and technology and be driven to gain valuable experience in community health or the aged care sector.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working across Residential and/or Community environments, supporting clients with direct tailor-made care
- Assisting in diagnosing, assessing and developing care plans for individuals and groups to promote a more independent lifestyle
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, nurses and occupational therapists to ensure detailed and specific care plans are formulated and monitored
You'll be passionate about providing exceptional clinical treatment and therapies designed to enable your clients to maintain and improve their independence. You'll be self-motivated and driven to incorporate contemporary theory in your day to day activities and make a real different to the lives of our clients!
You'll present with:
- Relevant allied health tertiary qualification (Cert III or equivalent)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build great relationships
- Effective time-management, negotiating conflicting priorities
- Proven clinical problem solving skills
- Current Drivers Licence (and a road worthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance as required).
We'll look after you too:
Our people mean the world to us. As the largest provider of Aged and Community services in QLD, Blue Care offers the unique opportunity to advance your career from Coomera to Katherine and almost everywhere in between. We offer:
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts
- Ongoing learning and development, training and workshops
- Clearly defined career pathways and support for internal development
- Values-led culture, where we emphasise a healthy work-life balance
Ready to work together? To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process. We look forward to receiving your application by 04/07/2019.
As one of the leading providers in Residential and Community Care, Blue Care has been welcomed into the homes of friends and families for decades. Our story began from one person's genuine desire to serve Queenslanders and improve the lives of those in need of care. Today, we visit more than 3 million homes annually, continuing our legacy of equipping people to live life their way.
Our process includes undergoing a Federal Police check and some positions will require you to complete an online medical assessment. We pay for both of these and it's an easy process. You also need full working rights for Australia.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Essential: Do you hold a Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance, or equivalent?
Essential: Do you hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate â€" or the willingness to obtain?
Desirable: Do you have experience working as an Allied Health Assistant?
Essential: Do you hold a current Australian Drivers Licence?
Allied Health Assistant v1.doc
click here to view
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: