Teacher-secondary-chemistry (Yrs 11/12), Science (Yrs 7/10)- Moranbah State High School
Moranbah State High School in Central Queensland is seeking passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated applicants for the Chemistry (Years 11/12) and Junior Science (Years 7 to 10) position. This is a permanent position commencing 15 July 2019.
Moranbah State High School is geographically located approximately 195 klms South-West of Mackay in the heart of the Queensland coal mining industry. We have a strong history of partnerships with key industries which provide innovative opportunities for our students, not available in many other schools across the state. Our Coalfields Training Excellence Centre is providing innovation in robotics, automation and engineering and ensuring training is linked to future pathways in local industries. Our new iCentre allows students flexible learning opportunities to widen subject choices whilst preparing for tertiary style delivery. We do not allow our geographic distance to prevent our students from receiving a first class education.
Our mission is to ensure that every student succeeds through an outstanding education that prepares students for tomorrow's future, today!
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website.
- Assistance with relocation is available
- Departmental accommodation may be applied for
Permanent employment as a teacher is available to:
- Australian citizens.
- Persons who reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely.
- New Zealand citizens who have a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education and Training reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: