Senior Housing Officer
South Townsville, QLD
An opportunity exists for an outcome driven, community aware Senior Housing Officer in our Townsville Housing Service Centre. If you have a person-centered approach in your leadership style and the ability to drive and influence change in practice, whilst delivering coordinating and supporting clients and team members, this may be the opportunity for you. You will have a strong focus on creating a positive practice environment, to engage and build professional rapport with clients, staff and other key stakeholders whilst achieving outcomes. Your expertise and leadership will provide appropriate direction, guidance and support for staff to deliver a safe and secure service for people in our community requiring housing assistance.
Key to achieving success in this demanding role, is your ability to quickly establish positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively promote and implement a person-centered, outcome focused service delivery approach in a dynamic, complex and challenging environment.
Your exceptional organisational, time management and strong safety focus will help you to prioritise and achieve positive outcomes will be highly regarded. Your customer service skills and knowledge of the community and social housing sector will enable you to:
* Assess & approve, high & very high need social housing applications & transfers
* Manage formal internal & external complaints & facilitate resolutions
* Improve customer outcomes through the development of effective professional relationships & partnerships
* Represent the department in appeals & attend the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
* Supervise team activities & exercise delegations as required
* Manage & assess properties, undertake property condition appraisals & inspections & provide advise on maintenance requirements
* Contribute to portfolio renewal plans & property developments
If your skill set, experience & career goals align with these role requirements and you're looking for challenging & rewarding role, then we'd encourage you to apply for one of our available roles.
Applications may be used to employ or appoint to similar vacancies for a period up to 12 months after the closing date of the initial vacancy.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: