Child And Youth Consultant Psychiatrist
An exciting opportunity to join a friendly team in a state-of-the-art hospital in a sunny coastal location only 1 hour and 20 minutes flight from Brisbane has come up! Mackay Hospital and Health Services Mental Health and AODS team are looking for a Child and Youth Consultant Psychiatrist to join their team. This is a full time permanent role. To learn more about the Mackay HHS please view our corporate video:
Remuneration value up to $425,825 p.a. comprising salary between $7,840.10 p.f. - $8,312.40 p.f. (L25-L27) or remuneration value up to $389,462 p.a. comprising salary between $6,556.10 p.f. - $7,615.30 p.f. (L18-L24); employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances. Applications will remain current for 12 months. JAR: MK313804
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- Mandatory possession of a Medical Degree from a registered tertiary institution and Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) and specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Psychiatry or appropriate registration with the Medical Board of Australia to practice in the specialist position.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Enrolment in a Continuing Medical Education program from an appropriate governing authority would be highly desirable.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties
- Licence to Operate Vehicle: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough
- Hepatitis B Vaccination: Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guideline
How to apply
Please download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants for instructions on how to apply for this role. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdf format, please contact Mackay Medical Workforce Unit at email@example.com to request it in .doc format.Please note that if the information requested in the ‘how to apply' section is not provided, plus the now mandatory requirement for all curriculum vitae to be provided in a standard template (located at the link in the boxed area above), you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE*** The following file types are accepted: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .rtf, .txt, .doc and docx. Please do not upload zipped files, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: