Senior Medical Officer
Sexual Health and Sexual Assault Services, Division of Family Health, Mackay Community Health Centre
To provide general practice, reproductive health and related specialist medical services to clients presenting to Sexual Health dealing with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Hepatitis B and C and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), transgendered individuals and sexual dysfunction in the Mackay Hospital and Health Service. To learn more about the Mackay HHS please view our corporate video:
Remuneration value up to $80,847 p.a. comprising salary between $95.19 p.h. - $98.00 p.h. (L24-L25) or remuneration value up to $76,238 p.a. comprising salary between $81.95 p.h. - $92.29 p.h. (L18-L23) or remuneration value up to $61,189 p.a. comprising salary between $70.95 p.h. - $79.84 p.h. (L13-L17); employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances.
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
• Mandatory possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with a current annual practising certificate is essential.
• Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
• Candidates must provide certified copies of requested proof of identify documents for the purposes of general criminal history and National Police Certificate checks.
• Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
• Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough). Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (ie one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department).
• Hepatitis B Vaccination: Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guidelines.
*PLEASE NOTE THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED* The following file types are accepted: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .rtf, .txt, .doc and docx. Please do not upload zipped files, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: