Teacher - Secondary-health And Physical Education, English- Years 7 To 10- Pioneer State High School
Pioneer State High School in Mackay, Central Queensland is seeking passionate and enthusiastic applicants for the full-time position HPE and English. This position is a temporary vacancy commencing 15 July running through to 20 September 2019.
Pioneer State High School is a vibrant, innovative and inclusive learning community of over 500 students and over 60 teaching and support staff. Pioneer's vision is to be a 'partner in learning in an innovative, inclusive and caring community'.
Our school has a strong tradition of excellence in academic, sport and the arts. Our year twelve outcomes for the Queensland Certificate of Education attainment, and vocational certificate qualifications, are typically well above the state average. We run an innovative robotics and coding program that aligns with the needs of local industry and education and training providers. Pioneer is part of the Queensland Minerals and Energy Academy.
Mackay is a City Hub in the Northern part of the Central Queensland region. It has all of the major retailers and facilities that you would expect and sits right along-side some of the most beautiful coastline and rainforests that Queensland has to offer.
- Assistance to relocate is available.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education and Training reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: