Trainee - Conveyor System Technician (Belt Splicer)
Cape Cleveland, QLD
- Earn while you learn! Excellent wage!
- Develop your Career in the Mining Industry.
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification.
Excellent opportunity to earn while you learn. We offer a paid, 2-year traineeship to become a qualified Conveyor System Technician (Belt Splicer) with guaranteed ongoing full-time employment.
As the world leaders in engineered conveyor solutions, Fenner Dunlop delivers valuable material handling solutions to our extended network of high-profile clients in the mining and industrial sectors. Our success has been built over many years on having a talented team that works together to achieve incredible outcomes.
Due to continued growth and success, we are now seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Far North Queensland Branch and be based in either Cairns or Townsville in the position of Trainee Conveyor System Technician (Belt Splicer).
To be considered for this role, you must be willing to commit to completing a 2-year (minimum duration) traineeship.
Working on key projects across the Far North Queensland region, your main responsibilities will include developing skills in conveyor belt maintenance, repairs, installations, general maintenance and replacement of conveyor components.
- Must have a strong safety focus;
- Must be over the age of 18;
- Must hold a current Australian drivers’ licence;
- 2 years recent trade assistant experience in construction, manufacturing or mining – essential;
- Not be banned from any mine sites;
- Possess good mechanical aptitude, as well as sound communication and numerical skills;
- Provide proof of Australian Work Rights;
- Willingness to complete aptitude testing as part of the Trainee recruitment process;
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces;
- Ability to work in line with project/site operational requirements (which may see you working after hours, weekends and/or public holidays);
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening; and
- Be willing to travel to Perth and Melbourne for classes during the 2-year period (paid for by Fenner Dunlop)
If you are an ambitious self-starter who wants the opportunity to join a business where you will be able to further your career, we would like to meet you. The successful applicant will start in June 2019 and must be available to attend training in Perth on 26 August 2019 – 20 September 2019 and 21 October 2019 – 15 November 2019.
What’s on offer:
- A nationally recognised Belt Splicing qualification (Certificate III in Polymer Processing), fully paid for by Fenner Dunlop;
- Get paid while you learn;
- Guaranteed exposure to major national mining projects;
- Guaranteed ongoing full-time permanent employment once you have completed the traineeship; and
- An outstanding career pathway with all the training and support you will need to succeed.
How to Apply:
To join the Fenner Dunlop team, click the link below and apply online. Applications close on Friday 7 June 2019.
Fenner Dunlop is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Disclaimer – Third party agency referrals will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: