The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin, delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 27.5 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
A rare opportunity to live and work in one of Australia's most tropical cities, Townsville, as well as being part of an exciting and rewarding project. This is a residential role working in our regional headquarters located on the river close to the CBD.
This newly changed role reporting to the Head Mine Operations, the Senior Mine Planning Engineer is responsible for providing a professional level of engineering expertise and making technical contribution to planning, scheduling and quality control.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
· Review of methodologies for overburden removal and handling and making recommendations for the optimum methodologies to be utilised
· Prepare mine layouts using input from geotechnical reports and findings to optimise pit lengths and overburden transport routes
· To review and optimise the long term mine design and schedule (Primavera/SPRY) and thereafter provide medium and long term mine planning options which will ensure the resource is mined in the most cost effective way consistent with company and legislative requirements.
· Ensure that the long/medium term mine plans are adapted to and amended to optimise safe working conditions within the mining operation.
· Assist in the preparation and development of the annual budget and business plans as required.
What You Require:
· Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mine Planning roles ideally in Coal surface operations
· Senior experience as an engineer working within medium & long term planning and scheduling
· A proficient user of SPRY or similar software
· Excellent safety standards
· Strong technical, execution, commercial and problem solving capabilities.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with computer literacy in the MS suite.
· Strong team work, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Regional Queensland for a candidate who is able to demonstrate you are a proven self-starter with a commitment to positive outcomes. You will have the chance to work on complex and significant projects.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE